Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Long time no see!

It has been a loooooooong time since I last posted. Life has been a little crazy, but tons of fun. I believe bullet points are the best way to catch everyone up.

Wedding Front:
*Had second engagement party here in Austin. Amazing friends threw us a drive in movie themed party complete with giant blow up movie screen and fresh popped popcorn in their backyard. Tons of fun! Highly recommend the idea for a great party.
* Picked out hotel accommodations for guests. Radisson Hotel downtown. Super friendly and easy to communicate with.
* Save the dates hit the mail on Monday. Still missing half of my mom's list, but I was tired of waiting so those will go out at a later date.
* Started on invitation mock ups. I love love love them. Very time consuming though. Glad I have nearly 4 months to work on them.
* Finalized look for table scapes. My attempt at making antique mason jars was a big fat FAIL! They are now clear with blue ribbon wrapped around the top. Very clean looking. I'm much happier.
* Found supplies for favor bags. Now waiting for them to come back in-stock

Home/Personal:
* Been battling vertigo for the past week and a half. It is no fun. I did get a week at home, but still had to work. Darn remote access. Off to the doctor for the 3rd time in a week tomorrow.
* Finished our office/guest bedroom make over. It is now "my" room. A huge transformation from what it was. Pictures later.
* Sea World excursion with MIL and BIL and his fiancee. It was nice, but I don't recommend going on a Sunday with work looming the next day.
* Organized the garage. YAY!
* Joined a softball league with Carl and some of his co-workers. I suck at this, but I give it a go every week.
*Trying to set some personal and work related goals to accomplish in the coming months. I'm pretty excited by my list.
*Deciding on when going back to school will happen. Definitely within the next 3-5 years and definitely before we have kids.

Work:
* Busy, busy, busy. I work in product distribution side of retail and Thanksgiving/Christmas is looming around the corner, enough said.
* Loving my job even with all of the extra work.
* Enjoying the samples that come in that we aren't going to be carrying. Carl loves them too, since he is a big kid and I work for a game/toy company.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back - I know I missed you! You have been busy! Those are some great checks girl.

    ReplyDelete