Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An Update

The dress hunt '09 has continued this week. It included calling neighboring states for this dress...still no luck. So, while going through the list of stores Carl piped up and said "Hey, why not look into places that we could make into a vacation?" So that's what I did. I choose cities that we had never been to and wanted to visit to start calling salons. I finally landed on Denver, CO. It sounded like the perfect quick weekend trip; cool place, awesome vibe, great attractions (Carl has to be entertained while I'm on the hunt), and within a quick plane trip. Sure enough the second place I call in Denver and they have the dress. I think it was fate for me to call that place, because the sales lady that I talked to had just moved to Denver from Austin. Awesome!

I talked it over with mom, the holder of the finances, and she agreed. She's been wanting a quick vacation and there's family in Denver that we haven't seen in ages! Tonight I just booked our flights (I got a killer deal on them) and I'm in the process of looking at attractions. Coors brewery anyone?!

I'm stoked!! And these recently purchased little beauties may be going on the flight with me to make an appearance at dinner..

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Denver - I love that place!! I hope your dress search is fruitful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and good luck! If nothing else, Denver is oh so fun. I went last October-- check out the local breweries!

    ReplyDelete