Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reflections of the week.

This week has been pretty darn good! On Sunday I dragged C and my mom to the Bridal Extravaganza. It was definitely a little over whelming, but I gathered some really good information. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see a lot of the vendors that I wanted to talk to, but oh well. What I did find was a possible new caterer. Last week we thought we had found the one, but after a tasting we weren't happy. I was definitely under impressed with the food.

The new caterer prospect has been great to work with so far. I filled out a form of what we wanted for food at the wedding, discussed it a little with them, and by Tuesday I had a proposal in my in-box. I was so happy when I opened it. Their proposal gave me the budget friendly numbers I'd been praying for, while offering a jazzed up, scrumptious sounding menu. I was stoked to try some of their food (especially the watermelontini they had proposed for our specialty drink). So last night we went to an open house and tried some things. Everything we tried wasn't on our menu, but it was good stuff! After discussing our specific proposal I had a revised, even cheaper proposal in my in-box this afternoon. We are now setting up a time to do a private tasting! I'm so pumped about this. After my first proposal from a company that wanted to charge me $100/person (for freaking fajitas!) and the sad tasting from the second company, I was a little frustrated and upset with the way this part of the planning was going. Things have definitely turned around!

Last night we also went and saw Mama Mia! It was AWESOME! So funny. I'm sure the people next to me were upset that I kept updating my phone for the most current score of the baseball game, but oh well. I'm glad the show was as entertaining as it was or I might have had a sleeping beauty sitting next to me. C worked an all-night shift after work on Tuesday, came home Wednesday and slept for about an hour, then went back to work for a full 8hrs, and then the show. I have no clue how he lasted through it all. I think he was running on pure adrenaline from the events of the night before and all the meetings that day. I know I would have been a ragging b*tch by that time with no sleep.

Tomorrow I start the dress hunt with my momma and C's mom. We're going to be some cry babies, I have a feeling. The plans of the weekend are pretty darn limited. Taking it easy and maybe/hopefully a trip down to Luling for the watermelon thump are in store for Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. i'm going to see mamma mia tomorrow night so i'm glad to hear it was wonderful!! good luck with the dress and catering endeavors!

    ReplyDelete