Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday -
Tried a new sushi restaurant that opened in our neighborhood. Yummy. I was sufficiently stuffed that I came home and quickly fell asleep on the couch. Woke up a few hours later to go to bed. While taking my contacts out I scratched my eye. Boo. (more to come on this)

Saturday -
Woke up with a completely red eye. Greeeaat. :( We then ran a bunch of errands. The red eye made driving a little difficult since sunlight was not my friend. Petsmart was first on our list for some dog food for the picky eater. Ends up they don't carry the food he likes anymore. Bummer, but there were puppies there to play with. I was so tempted to come home with a new one. An adorable Catahoula puppy with brown coloring. (I know many people don't know this breed, but it's the breed of dog that I grew up with. Amazing dogs!) The quick trip to Home Depot turned into a spending spree. Ekk. We got a new faucet, a new BBQ grill, some new plants, and filters. After coming home we installed the faucet, replaced the filters, planted, and assembled the new grill. We decided since we decided to get the new grill it had to be broken in with a pool BBQ party. Quick trip to the grocery store, turned into a nightmare for me. On the way there I determined that said red eye was not in good shape. It hurt like hell. It felt like my eye wouldn't dilate properly to sunlight and there were constant water works. It was quite a scary experience. I didn't like it. Pool BBQ was great. The sun was going down, so I was safe for going out.

Sunday -
Woke up and my eye was in worse shape. It hurt, looked horrible, and constant watering. I big pain in my rear. I was not happy about having to wear my glasses all day. (Not that I have a thing against glasses, it's just that mine don't fit in any way.) So, with all this I decided it was time to make a trip to the ER to figure out what I did. After the quickest trip to the ER (1.5 hours from arrival to departure!) it was determined that I scratched my cornea. Doctors orders required no contacts for a few more days, dark sunglasses for going out, and dark/dimmed lighting. So I stayed in my cave of a home for the rest of the day, watched the baseball game, cleaned, and ate. It was nice.

It has been a little weird driving to work yesterday and today. I have my glasses that I try to wear, but the sun is too bright without sunglasses. The only problem is that my sunglasses aren't prescription. It's not like I'm as blind a bat driving around. I swear. I can see pretty darn well without my glasses/contacts, just not detail. (My contact prescription is only a -1.25, which is really nothing). So, I should be able to wear my contacts tomorrow! 3 days of being held up in my dark cave is not helping my vampire look at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment