Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hiatus

I know it has been a long time and I had previously tried to be better about blogging. That was a big fat fail!

A quick update of our lives and what has kept me away from you. No photos right now. Maybe there will be a photo update as well.

November
*Carl's Christmas present arrived a little early. I got him an English Bulldog puppy. We named her Faith. While we love her to pieces, I was in a little bit of puppy shock when we first got her. I didn't know how to handle this. It took a few weeks of adjustment but now all is good with the world.
*Thanksgiving. We stayed in town, mostly because I had to work the next day (boo). Had Thanksgiving with Carl's parents and then went and saw some of my family later in the day.

December
*Trying to fit Christmas shopping in all of the chaos that was our life.
*Started a co-ed softball team.
*Nutcracker performance by Ballet Austin. This was part of my Christmas present from Carl. I absolutely loved this. It reminded me of being a little kid and getting all dressed up to go see the pros put on the Nutcracker.
*Christmas was a traveling one. Christmas Eve we went to a bad sweater party with Carl's family. Christmas day we went to Carl's parent's house to exchange gifts. Part of my present from Carl was a Nikon P90X. I love this camera, though I haven't played with it as much as I would like. In the evening we traveled to Tyler to see my mom and her side of the family. The next day we drove home and relaxed.
*New Years. Started Weight Watchers the Monday before New Years. I thought it was the dumbest move ever at first for choosing that week to start, but I made it all work within my points. 2 1/2 weeks in and I'm already down 5 lbs. I'm super excited with the results. It is definitely making me make better decisions about what to eat. We decided to throw a New Years Eve party. It was wonderful to see old friends that we hadn't seen in years.

January
*Mild freak-out about the wedding coming up. This led to one massive list of things to do. The list continues to grow but it gives me direction on what to do. I have started on the invitations and have made pretty good headway on them. My dress is scheduled to arrive early February. I'm so excited to have all of my girls see this bad boy.
*National Championship Game. It was disappointing to loose and I feel horrible for the newly engaged Colt McCoy to go out the way he did, but I'm super excited for the 2010 season. Gilbert made my fears of how the Freshman will handle being the leader of the team.
*Being sick. Which is why I'm posting at 3:45pm on a Wednesday. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I missed you & have been thinking about you. Glad you had a good holiday & you are back in the blogosphere. Post pics from your new toy soon please!! (And congrats on the weight loss, it is a difficult journey - but you can do it!)

    ReplyDelete